Sioux Falls School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Susan B Anthony Elementary
Job Description: Substitute teaching allows for a very flexible work schedule, as many current substitute teachers accept assignments that coordinate with their other employment, schooling, or family/community obligations. Once employed, substitute teachers must work a minimum of 8-days during the school year to remain employed as a substitute teacher for the following school year. The 8-day requirement will be prorated for those substitute teachers that start mid-year.
Requirements: - Bachelor's Degree (in any area)
- Completion of an online application, including transcripts (uploaded to application)
- Positive personal/employment references with email addresses. PLEASE INFORM YOUR REFERENCES THAT THEY WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL REFERENCE SURVEY FROM THE SIOUX FALLS SCHOOL DISTRICT. Applications without completed reference surveys will not be considered.
- The ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Email account and telephone (or cellphone)
- Access to personal reliable transportation
- Commitment to comply with the Substitute Teacher Guidelines and Responsibilities
Compensation: - Substitute teachers earn $110 per day. A work day is considered 8 hours. Half-days are available and paid at $55 per half-day.
- Long-Term Substitutes, working for the same classroom teacher in a position that requires planning for, implementing, and evaluating instruction, grading, parental communication, etc., for 30+ consecutive days, earns $137.50 per day. In most cases, the substitute teacher must possess at least a bachelor's degree in education.
Training: - All individuals hired as substitute teachers will be participate in an orientation session at the Instructional Planning Center prior to starting employment.
- In addition to the orientation session, substitute teachers without a degree in education are required to complete a 4-5 hour online training course within their first two months of substitute employment. Substitute teachers with a degree in education may complete the online training if they choose to do so. The District will fund the cost of this online training and provide a $50 stipend if the substitute teacher works throughout the 2017-18 school year.
- All substitute teachers are required to complete School Safety Training annually. This training is mandatory and paid.
Salary Range: $110 / Per Day
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Sioux Falls School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of South Dakota. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Sioux Falls School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job