Kansas City Kansas Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
School Nurse, RN - Anticipated Vacancy
Job Goal: To provide direct nursing services to students and staff members, and to maximize health and wellness in the school community. All duties are performed in accordance with district/state board of education policies and procedures and state law regarding the Nurse Practice Act.
Essential Functions: - Must possess sufficient strength, endurance, and skill to provide direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff guided by the nursing process and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local mandates.
- Must be able to perform CPR and use an AED (if available)
- Administers medication with appropriate documentation.
- Able to perform nursing procedures within their scope of practice.
- Participates in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions, and the related archival responsibilities.
- Performs mandated screening procedures for vision and hearing.
- Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
- Makes appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Manages health room efficiently.
- Prepares health reports for supervisor and health department.
- Collaborates with other agencies in designing and providing services to our students.
- Collaborates with teachers regarding health education and the state curriculum (K-12).
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff.
- Participates in the development of the school emergency health and crises plan.
- Where applicable, delegating, monitoring and evaluating aides/assistants/staff members in assigned nursing procedures.
- Identification of students with special health care needs.
- Development of emergency action plans for students at risk of medical crises at school or during a school function.
- Monitoring of individual health care plans (IHP) for students who need invasive procedures performed during the school day.
- Provide health related consultation as a member of the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) team.
- Ability to work an 8 hour duty day in the location or locations assigned by the supervisor.
- Physical and emotional ability to perform required work and move about as needed in the fast-paced, highly intensive school environment.
Qualifications: Current Registered Nurse licensure in Kansas
Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation program completion
Maintain CPR status according to American Heart Association Guidelines.
Experience in school nursing preferred
Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology preferred
Communication: Maintains communication with teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action which will meet the educational needs of students.
Provides health services, information, and counseling in an effective and positive manner to enhance the health and wellness of the school community.
Completes accident/incident reports for students/staff.
Compiles data for statistical purposes.
Maintains confidentiality regarding educational records.
Organization: Maintains a daily log of school/staff visits and documentation.
Maintains the daily environment of the health office facility and supplies.
Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
Performs other related work as required.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Language Skills: Ability to read and analyze and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, general curriculum and learning theories, correspondence, and protocols. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff, parents, students, and the general public.
Terms of Employment: 186 days
Salary: Based on KCKPS Salary Schedule
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Reports To: Principal
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Board of Education policy
Primary Location: TBD (to be determined)
Salary Range: Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Kansas City Kansas Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Kansas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Kansas City Kansas Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job