Carson City Schools is seeking applicants for the following position(s):
School Nurse - Registered Nurse
Position ID#: 5166
NOTE: This position begins the 2018-2019 school year.
BENEFITS: Salary placement based on education and up to 5 years of verified nursing experience accepted. Employer-paid retirement, health and life insurance, sick leave benefits and personal leave.
Must possess a Nevada State Board of Nursing License and to perform other functions at the level and in the field for which he/she is to be employed, issued in accordance with law and in full force at the time the services are rendered. Bi-lingual preferred.
Must be able to pass the pre-employment drug screen test, physical, and lift test.
This is a replacement position.
General Job Description:
The primary role of the professional school nurse is to promote the health and well-being of students, thereby facilitating student success and achievement. The School Nurse oversees the health services programs at Carson City School District school sites. School Nursing services are provided to both general and special education students as mandated under federal and state laws. This person will be expected to adhere to the Standards of School Nurse Practice, Nevada Revised Statutes, Nevada State Board of Nursing Advisory Opinion and Standards for Licensed Employees and report directly to the appropriate school site administrator (NRS 632 and 391; NSBN).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Implements a comprehensive student health program.
2. Assesses and evaluates the health and developmental status of students for the purpose of identifying physical disorders and other factors affecting the learning process, communicating with the primary care provider, and contributing significant information in order to modify the studentís individualized educational health plan.
3. Conducts health screenings as required by law; e.g., hearing, vision, scoliosis, height, weight.
4. Interprets student health assessment information for students, parents/guardians, and school staff, as appropriate.
5. Maintains student health records.
6. Complies with public health authority mandates regarding communicable disease management and reporting.
7. Complies with state and federal law regarding reporting of suspected child abuse.
8. Performs and coordinates specialized medical procedures for medically fragile students, per appropriate licensed health care provider orders.
9. Facilitates the provision of student medication at school, per appropriate licensed health care provider orders, in compliance with district regulation and procedures.
10. Provides training and on-going monitoring of unlicensed district personnel involved in the delivery of student health services, in accordance with district and state requirements.
11. Provides individual and classroom instruction in accordance with departmental and state requirements.
12. Provides nursing assistance in schools during community/district-wide disasters, as able.
13. Consults with parents/guardians, school staff and community resources regarding student health needs.
14. Collaborates professionally with administrators, students, staff, parents/guardians, and community representatives.
15. Participates in meetings, seminars, and conferences and serves on committees, as appropriate.
16. Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to position, as assigned.
1. Comply with and implement related federal and state laws and district policies, regulations, and procedures as related to health services.
2. Maintain confidentiality.
3. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
4. Utilize a computer in health-related searches, e-mail communication, data collection and health record, medication and specialized procedure documentation.
5. Demonstrate general knowledge in the fundamental principles, trends and research in the field of school nursing.
6. Work cooperatively with students, parents/guardians, peers, administration, and community members.
7. Maintain and improve professional competence.
Education and Training:
1. Bachelorís Degree or Associates Degree in Nursing from a National League of Nursing (NLN) accredited college or university.
2. Minimum of six (6) monthsí work experience as a registered nurse.
Licenses and Certifications:
1. Must possess, or be able to acquire, a license from the Nevada State Board of Nursing (RN/LPN Only). School Nurse certification from the Nevada Department of Education is optional.
2. Current Health Care Provider AED/CPR certification from an American Heart Association.
3. A valid driverís license that allows the applicant / employee to legally operate an insured motor vehicle in Nevada.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Carson City Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Nevada. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Carson City Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job