Green Bay Area Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Speech Language Pathologist (Signing Skills Desired)
Location: School(s) To Be Determined
Start Date: Immediately
Salary/Wage: Competitive salary and benefits; sign-on/retention bonus eligible
Description: We are a district rich in diversity that offers many programs to ensure academic success and support for students' social and emotional well being. We are fortunate to have an experienced, knowledgeable and dedicated staff who work diligently to ensure that every student is prepared to be college, career and community ready in order to succeed in our diverse world. This is a great opportunity to join the talented staff in our District, immersing yourself into the every-day experiences of a school community. Consider bringing your knowledge and skills to our team, and receive excellent professional development, learning from and working with the best. With Multi-level Systems of Support in place, we believe that you will find both personal and professional satisfaction working for the Green Bay Area Public School District. We highly encourage Speech Language Pathologists to apply today for potential 2018-19 vacancies!
Qualifications Required: Education: Masterís Degree in Communicative Disorders from an accredited university
License: Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Speech Language Pathologist certification (#820)
Qualifications Desired: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Signing Skills
Position Purpose: To provide speech and language services for students from 3 to 21 years of age as identified in individualized education plans (IEPs).
Essential Functions: 1. Follows the Core Values of the Green Bay Area Public School District as driver of our words and actions: Excellence, Engagement, Equity, Integrity, Responsibility.
2. Promotes efforts on diversity, establishes best practices and utilizes skills to remove barriers for students of diverse backgrounds.
3. Creates a favorable professional impact on students, parents, community, and other employees.
4. Provides continuous, exemplary customer service to individuals who inquire about District programs or student information; treats individuals in the highest regard (i.e. answers questions completely and in a timely manner, provides assistance and contact information for future reference, and thanks the individual(s) for their interest in the Green Bay Area Public School District).
5. Develops IEPs based on studentsí needs.
6. Facilitates and/or participates in IEP team meetings and evaluations.
7. Schedules interventions using a variety of service delivery models including classroom interventions, consultation/ collaboration, and direct service as appropriate to meet student needs in the least restrictive environment.
8. Plans and implements research-based interventions.
9. Chooses therapy materials to meet the needs, age, cultural differences and interests of students.
10. Maintains records (ex. IEPs, progress reports, Medicaid billing) and submits required reports promptly and accurately.
11. Administers formal and informal assessments to determine student progress, needs and eligibility.
12. Analyzes and interprets assessment results to make recommendations regarding the need for speech/language services and participates in evaluation team meetings.
13. Collaborates with classroom teachers in the carry-over of communication skills for students with speech/language disabilities.
14. Follows established District special education procedures.
15. Utilizes procedures and forms included in the Speech and Language Handbook.
16. Consults with parents, teachers, and other school personnel to monitor studentsí performance.
17. Conducts conferences with parents, teachers, and other professionals.
18. Engages in professional growth activities related to speech/language and/or education.
19. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Years of Experience: 0
Licenses: - Speech and Language Pathology
Additional Requirements: - Standard Questions
- Custom Questions
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Green Bay Area Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Green Bay Area Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job