Green Bay Area Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Elementary Math Interventionist
Location: School(s) to be Determined
Start Date: Immediately
Description: As the Teaching and Learning Department, in collaboration with building principals, continues their work on staffing for the 2018-19 school year, we have identified the need for an additional elementary math interventionist position. District interventionist positions are shared between two elementary schools. Working collaboratively with teachers to provide multi-level systems of support for students to experience success, these positions provide math intervention to students identified as not meeting proficiency. If you have expertise in the area and interest in being an elementary math interventionist, you are encouraged to apply today.
Qualifications Required: Education: Bachelorís Degree
Certification: Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Elementary Level Licensure
Experience: Minimum of 3-Years of Successful Teaching Experience
Training: Successful completion of Add+Vantage Math Recovery (AVMR) course 1
Qualifications Desired: Previous experience with small group interventions in the area of mathematics
Training: Successful completion of Add+Vantage Math Recovery (AVMR) course 2 [may be obtained within District prior to math recovery training]
Essential Functions: 1. Follows the Core Values of the Green Bay Area Public School District as driver of our words and actions.
2. Promotes efforts on diversity, establishes best practices and utilizes skills to remove barriers for students of diverse backgrounds.
3. Creates a favorable professional impact on students, parents, community, and other employees.
4. Maintains confidentiality in verbal, written, and electronic communication.
5. Refers confidential information to the appropriate person.
6. Follows safe practices and adheres to safety standards.
7. Provides small group and/or 1:1 targeted instruction to students of greatest need, using assessment and research-based best practices for intervention that align with the districtís math framework.
8. Participates in all required training, at both a school and district level, which will include an observation and analysis of intervention sessions.
9. Uses formative, benchmark and summative assessment data to plan for instruction for individual and small groups of students.
10. Collaborates with the classroom teacher, coach, and principal at Intervention Team Meetings for the purpose of sharing student data to make decisions regarding selection, monitoring of progress, and discontinuation of intervention services.
11. Completes additional duties, as assigned by the principal, to meet requirements of federal guidelines.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Working Conditions: 1. Work involves frequent deadlines under pressure.
2. Work requires flexibility in adjusting to continuously changing situations.
3. Work entails a flexible daily schedule.
4. Work involves collaborative relationships with classroom teachers and building leadership teams.
Years of Experience: 3
Licenses: - Regular Education
Additional Requirements: - Standard Questions
- Custom Questions
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Green Bay Area Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Green Bay Area Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job