Green Bay Area Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
District AVID Tutor
Location: Brown County Detention Center
Start Date: Immediately
Terms/Schedule: Limited term. Approximately 4-10 hours/week
Description: The Green Bay Area Public School District is actively seeking AVID Tutors for the School Year to work during the regular school day (7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.). This position is not a daily substitute teaching position, rather an instructional support position that provides tutoring for students in academic core content. This position builds positive relationships with students, working approximately 4-10 hours per week based on student needs and in alignment with student schedules, during the academic school year when students are in session. Candidates selected for his position will be compensated at $9/hour. Interested in learning more?
What is AVID?
AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination. It is an elective class students take to help them prepare for college. AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
AVID is designed to reach students in the academic middle and give them the extra push they need to take advanced classes, complete college entrance requirements, and learn the skills they need to succeed in higher education. One of the key strategies we use to complete this goal is twice weekly tutorial sessions with tutors trained in the AVID tutorial process.
Essential Functions: 1. Follows the Core Values of the Green Bay Area Public School District as driver of our words and actions.
2. Facilitates small groups of students (typically 7:1 ratio) as they work together on academic questions.
3. Acts as role models to promote the development of a scholar identity.
4. Uses the AVID tutorial process of writing, inquiry (higher order questioning), and collaboration.
5. Acts as role models by displaying self-confidence in and commitment to their own academic pursuits.
6. Treats others, including AVID students, with respect and dignity.
7. Exhibits a professional demeanor, be at work consistently, and be punctual.
8. Possess a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of students.
9. Dependable, conscientious, and patient.
10. Availability to tutor students during normal school hours (7:30-3:00 p.m.) at one or more of our six area AVID schools
o Edison Middle School
o Lombardi Middle School
o Washington Middle School
o East High School
o West High School
o Preble High School
Qualifications Required: • High school diploma
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions
• Effective communication skills
Qualifications Desired: • Current college student or college degree preferred
• Experience in teaching and/or tutoring is a plus
• Ability to perceive students’ needs and develop positive relationships
Years of Experience: 0
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Green Bay Area Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Green Bay Area Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job