Fort Wayne Community Schoolsis seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Principal - Elementary
Location: Elementary - Area Office
Description: 2018 - 2019 School Year
Administrator - Year Round Schedule
Serves as an educational leader, guides instructional service necessary to educate all students to high standards and ensure that all students meet Internationally Benchmarked Common Core Standards linked to Indiana's Academic Standards and aligned with federal, state, and district standards, requirements, laws, and regulations.
Salary: $44,999.00 - $100,383.00
Additional Job Information: This position may be filled prior to the end of the posting period.
1. FWCS Principals meet all definitions and guidelines for effective administrators as detailed on the RISE Principal Effectiveness Rubric from the IDOE.
2. FWCS Principals promote the success of every student by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision for teaching and learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
3. FWCS Principals promote the success of every student by advocating, nurturing, and sustaining a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
4. FWCS Principals promotes the success of every student by ensuring the management of the organization, operations and resources for a safe, efficient and effective learning environment.
5. FWCS Principals promote the success of every student by collaborating with faculty and community members, responding to diverse community interests, needs, and by mobilizing community resources.
6. FWCS Principals promote the success of every student by acting with integrity, fairness, and in an ethical manner.
7. FWCS Principals promote the success of every student by understanding, responding to, and influencing the political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context.
8. FWCS Principals must demonstrate participation in and contributions to the goal of district cross functional teams.
9. FWCS Principals promote the success of every student by providing extra-curricular opportunities, which include evenings and weekends, in a properly supervised and safe environment.
10. FWCS Principals promote the success of every student by adhering to FWCS policies and procedures along with all local, state, and national guidelines.
11. Principals Perform related duties as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent, his or her designee and or the Superintendent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is required to have dexterity of hands and fingers. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. They may be occasionally required to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch. May be required to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the employee is seated or walking at will and has limited physical labor.
Qualifications: Possess a valid Indiana Elementary teaching license and an Indiana administrative license covering the grade levels for the assigned building.
Have documented knowledge of district used data software and the ability to analyze and synthesize data. Must possess knowledge of effective practices including principles, theories, procedures, and techniques used in lesson plan development and classroom instruction in order to guide instruction in the building.
Prefer candidate with successful elementary school administrative experience coupled with successful classroom teaching, preferably in a large, urban district. Must demonstrate highly effective organizational, interpersonal, data analysis, and leadership skills. Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
Prefer Candidate that has completed the Fort Wayne Community Schools Administrative Intern Program, or has previous administrative experience.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Fort Wayne Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Fort Wayne Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job