Grand Rapids Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Sigsbee Park Building
Additional Information: Position Title: School Psychologist
Bargaining Unit: Grand Rapids Education Association (GREA)
Salary: $41,674 (MA01) - Preliminary School Psychologist Certificate
Earning Days: 195 or as annually determined by the contract
GRPS Mission: Our mission is to ensure that all students are educated, self-directed and productive members of society.
Job Summary: The School Psychologist is responsible for provided psycho-education evaluations of students suspected of being disabled and provide interpretations of evaluations to appropriate persons through IEPC meetings. The School Psychologist also provides consultation to school personnel in the areas of learning and the impact on a student when there is a disabling condition present.
Essential Job Functions: Essential functions under the Americans with Disabilities Act may include any of the following duties, knowledge and skills. This list is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by employees in this position. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job. Other essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
Job Functions: - Schedule and evaluate all students referred for a special education comprehensive evaluation.
- Score and interpret results of all test measurements utilized for an evaluation to parent, teachers, administrators, and others.
- Provide a written report of all evaluations completed and file them with the Multidisciplinary team report.
- Attend individual education planning and placement committee meetings when appropriate to participate in the determination of a handicapping condition.
- Participate in the determination of appropriate programs and/or services for eligible disabled students.
- Provide consultation to other school personnel when needed.
- Interact with co-workers, administration, students, parents and the community in positive, supportive and cooperative ways.
- Other duties assigned
Educations and Experience: - Possess at least a masterís degree in school psychology or its equivalent.
- Completion of a minimum of 45 graduate semester hours in school psychology in addition to an internship.
- Completion of not less than a 500 clock hour supervised internship with school aged students under the supervision of an approved school psychologist training institution.
- Meet all competencies as set forth in R 340-1156.
- Completion of 1 year of successful experience as a school psychologist with direction from a fully approved school psychologist.
- A knowledge of the organization and administration of local and state agencies and their services for pupils.
- Skills in the administration and interpretation of tests, which shall include intelligence, achievement, personality, and perceptual-motor tests.
- An understanding of the rationale of testing, measurement, and evaluation.
- Skills in integrating data obtained from tests and from other sources of information through both written and oral communication.
- Skills in psychological report writing.
- The capacity to interview, consults, and counsel with school personnel, parents, pupils, and others.
- The capacity to plan and implement classroom management procedures pertaining to behavior of pupils.
- Competency in the planning and prescribing of teaching and curriculum strategies for pupils.
- The acquisition and mastery of a broad understanding of the psychology of learning and learning impairments of pupils.
- A comprehensive understanding of personality development and the assessment of human behavior.
- The capacity to communicate the psychological findings to professionals, parent, pupils and others in a meaningful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deal with the diverse students, parents and staff of a large urban school district.
Physical Demands: Itinerant school psychologists are assigned multiple buildings and are required to travel to a different building each day. They may be required to travel to multiple buildings in one day. Employees must carry test kits and testing materials to each building. Students may require physical intervention when extremely hyperactive or aggressive.
Work Environment: Testing rooms are not always available in each building or may vary from time to time. The employee may have to move during the course of an evaluation. The employee may have to carry or re-arrange furniture in testing room. Must be able to work at smaller furniture suitable for younger children.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, hear (in a quiet or noisy environment), taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust/focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually loud to moderate. Work is performed indoors although there will be required outdoor activities. The employee is directly responsible for the safety, well-being and work output of students.
Mental Functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to compare, analyze, communicate both orally and in writing in the English language, copy, coordinate, instruct, compute, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills, compile and negotiate.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Grand Rapids Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Michigan. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Grand Rapids Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job