Knox County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position:
Behavior Liaison - Interim
Location: Special Education
Minimum Salary: $38,295.00
Job Summary - Behavior Liaison: This position will involve working collaboratively as part of a school team to assess behaviors. The Behavior Liaison will provide on-going consultation and support to the school team to determine and implement the appropriate behavioral strategies for students experiencing behavioral challenges. The Behavior Liaison will also provide training for school personnel throughout the district in positive behavioral supports and interventions, including Functional Behavior Assessment and Behavior intervention Plans.
Qualifications: • Bachelor degree in education or related mental health field.
• 2 years experience in education or related mental health field.
• Training and experience working with students who exhibit challenging behaviors which interfere with their learning or the learning of others.
• Training and experience in developing and implementing positive behavior interventions and strategies.
• Training and experience in developing and implementing school wide positive behavior support systems within a school setting.
Essential Function / Job Duties: • Assess the need for Functional Behavior Assessment and Behavior Intervention Plan including the development of effective data collection systems.
• Assist in development of Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans.
• Provide active monitoring of the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans to ensure plans are implemented consistently and with fidelity.
• Improve the ability of administrators, teachers, and other school personnel to foster positive student behavior and provide safe and supportive learning environments.
• Provide related professional development activities to all school personnel.
• Provide behavioral consultation to school staff on individual students and classroom management.
• Train school staff on the execution of Behavioral Intervention Plans.
• Respond to behavioral emergency situations in schools throughout the system.
• Collaborate with school staff regarding positive behavioral supports and interventions.
• Communicate regularly with all school staff regarding assigned caseload.
• Attend in-service, staff development activities and other required meetings.
• Participate in local, state, or national staff development activities as requested.
• Stay abreast of current research and best practices in the field of behavior management.
• Maintain appropriate documentation as determined by the supervisor.
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with all pertinent federal, state and district regulations and policies.
• Attend School Support Team Meetings, Individual Education Plan Team Meetings and other student focused team meetings as necessary or directed by the supervisor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Report directly to the assigned Supervisor.
Essential Skills: • Knowledge of Applied Behavioral Analysis
• Extensive knowledge of positive behavior interventions and supports
• Ability to work both independently and collegially
• Demonstrate flexibility
• Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
• Willingness to be trained, to accept supervision from multiple sources, and to self-initiate
• Excellent time and materials management skills
• Keen observation, listening and interactive skills vital to the development of positive
• Achieve and maintain certification in district-approved behavior intervention training program that requires the demonstration of proper physical and verbal de-escalation techniques used during a potential crisis situation.
• Demonstrate an understanding of behavior intervention programs for students with severe behavioral challenges by implementing individualized programs as directed by the teacher and/or supervisory staff.
• Keep and maintain reliable and valid data on behavioral programs and systematic reinforcement systems.
• Demonstrate an understanding of research based instructional strategies for students with severe behavioral challenges by implementing individualized strategies with reliability and validity.
• Perform other duties as assigned
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Knox County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Knox County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job