Cedar Rapids Community Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
High Reliability Schools Building Leadership Member (HRS) - (6 positions)
Location: Grant Wood Elementary School
Additional Information: High Reliability Schools Building Leadership Member (HRS)
The High Reliability Schools Building Leadership Team member will work collaboratively with the Cedar Rapids Community School District Leadership Team, District Administration, and teaching staff to support teachers and assure that we deliver on the District Vision of Every Learner: Future Ready.
Supervised by: Building Administrator
Position Summary: High Reliability Schools Building Leadership Member will work collaboratively with the building administration to create, facilitate, and evaluate the School Improvement Plan, using the HRS levels, framework and survey data as a guide.
# of Positions:
212 (extra duty only)
Amount of Teacher Leader Service:
Additional hours outside of the contract day accompany this position
School Year – 2 hours
Job Requirements: - Iowa Teaching License, three years of teaching experience, and at least one year of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District.
- Willingness to become knowledgeable in the High Reliability Schools framework.
- A commitment to supporting the growth of others and the belief that adult learning is essential to student learning.
Essential Job Elements: - Provides direction and leadership for the program consistent with the District vision, mission, and focus.
- Works collaboratively with the other members of the Tier 1/HRS team(s) and building staff to create, communicate and carry out the goals and action steps of the School Improvement Plan aligned to the High Reliability Schools Framework.
- Works collaboratively with school leaders to monitor and evaluate the implementation of the High Reliability Schools Framework and School Improvement Plan, which includes the analysis of student data.
- Works collaboratively with the other members of the Tier 1/HRS team(s) and building staff to plan and/or provide professional development to all teachers and/or PLC teams of teachers at the building level to carry out the goals and action steps of the School Improvement Plan.
- Works collaboratively with building and district staff to carry out the goals and action steps of the District Leadership Goals.
- Engages in professional learning opportunities to lead and support the goals of the School Improvement Plan and District Leadership Goals.
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth: - All Teacher Leader Positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
- CRCSD evaluation procedure will be used.
- TLS rubric identifying levels of development will be used to monitor growth and determine if the teacher leader is performing at a satisfactory level to continue in the teacher leader role.
- Personal Reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cedar Rapids Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Iowa. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cedar Rapids Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job