Cobb County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
School Counselor, High School
Location: Allatoona High School
Reports To: Principal
Work Days: 190
Primary Function: Provides school counseling services to all students.
Requirements: 1. Educational Level: Completed Master Degree in School Counseling
2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia School Counselor Certificate
3. Experience: None
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication; organization; affective education
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Plans, develops, and implements a comprehensive school counseling program based on the needs of the students and the school.
3. Plans, develops, and implements action plans based on the needs of the students and the school.
4. Provides classroom guidance, school counseling, and individual counseling that relates to the academic, career, and personal/social development of students.
5. Coordinates with school staff to provide supportive instructional classroom activities that relate to student academic, career, and personal/social development of students.
6. Confers and counsels with parents, administrators, and teachers.
7. Collects and reports on student outcomes from classroom guidance, small group, and individual consultations.
8. Conducts and/or participates in professional learning.
9. Facilitates the referral of students and parents to internal and external services.
10. Facilitates Tier 3/SST meetings as outlined in the Pyramid of Interventions.
11. Participates in school and county committees.
12. Coordinates transitional activities with feeder schools.
13. Interprets standardized tests and state mandated tests.
14. Protects confidentiality of student records and student information.
15. Conducts and/or assists with parent meetings and education.
16. Selects, purchases, and inventories materials and technology for the School Counseling Program.
17. Demonstrates professional and ethical practices consistent with school and system policies in working with students, student records, parents, and colleagues.
18. The following items pertain to Middle School Counselors only:
a) Assists with new student enrollment
b) Participates in advisement
c) Provides instruction utilizing Career Cruising
19. The following items pertain to High School Counselors only:
a) Assists with new student enrollment
b) Evaluates transcripts
c) Participates in advisement
d) Provides instruction utilizing Career Cruising
e) Assists students in the preparation of college, scholarships and employment applications
20. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Estimated Start Date: *10/01/2018
Salary Range: $44,395.59 - $91,585.12 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job