Special Education (Learning Disabilities)
School / Org:
Campbell High School
No. of Positions:
Friday, 14 September 2018
Tuesday, 16 October 2018
Cobb County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Mild Intellectually Disabled Teacher
Location: Campbell High School
Reports To: Principal
Work Days: 190
Primary Function: Provides instruction for eligible students with disabilities through collaboration with general education teachers and parents/guardians that enables them to learn and achieve to the maximum of their abilities in an appropriate special education program.
Requirements: 1. Education Level: Bachelor Degree required; If you are seeking alternative certification, you must have passed or exempted the GACE Basic Skills Test and the GACE Special Education General Curriculum Content Test
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities; ability to lift a student up to a weight of 40 pounds without assistance; ability to perform a 2 person lift for students over 40 pounds
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication; knowledge of areas of disability and special education practices and procedures; specialized instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learner; student behavior management
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Completes designated follow-up procedures for students referred for special education service.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of the eligibility process and assists with initiation of the process to completion of the eligibility/IEP.
4. Develops, implements, monitors, and regularly reviews the Individual Education Program (IEP) and Individual Learning Plan (ILP) of each student on their caseload.
5. Works with parents/guardians in all aspects of their child’s educational program.
6. Compiles, maintains, and submits accurate paperwork within designated timelines.
7. Collaborates with the general education teacher and/or Related Services Staff to provide special education services that maximize student achievement according to the guidelines of the program through established service delivery models.
8. Maintains lesson plans according to policies and/or directives.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of research-based practices by delivering specialized instruction to students according to their IEPs and Individual Learning Plans.
10. Develops and implements carefully designed data driven behavior management strategies including Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs) and Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) based on student need.
11. Utilizes formative and summative assessments and collects data on student achievement and progress toward mastery of IEP goals and objectives and reports progress to parents/guardians on a regular basis.
12. Assures all due process procedural safeguards are afforded to students and their parents/guardians.
13. Facilitates effective use of instructive and assistive technology.
14. Adheres to district special education policies and procedures and federal regulations/state rules.
15. Serves as a resource to general education teachers who teach students with disabilities.
16. Seeks to improve knowledge and skills through professional learning and training activities associated with job related tasks and student needs.
17. Meets the unique needs of students with severe disabilities; i.e. lifting, positioning, feeding, toileting as appropriate.
18. Meets expectations according to the general education teacher job description.
19. Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents.
20. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Estimated Start Date: *10/01/2018
Salary Range: $43,465.00 - $91,585.00 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job