4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities; ability to lift a student up to a weight of 40 pounds without assistance; ability to perform a two person lift for students over 40 pounds
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication; planning, organization
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Performs appropriate assessments to determine eligibility for services and follow-up procedures for students referred for adapted physical education.
3. Administers evaluations, collects data, and interprets assessment results to teachers, parents and other personnel.
4. Provides consultation to Special Education Teachers and General Education Physical Education teachers based upon assessment and recommendations for accommodations and modifications in order to guide in the provision of physical education services to identified students.
5. Serves as a resource to teachers by helping to create and develop lessons related to health, PE, and fitness that special education teachers can implement.
6. Recommends and assists in procuring and developing adapted equipment for PE and the elimination of architectural barriers encountered at school.
7. Maintains records and reports as required.
8. Lifts, position, transfers, and performs other special duties as required to meet the needs of students with orthopedic impairments.
9. Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Estimated Start Date: *12/03/2018
Salary Range: $43,465.00 - $91,585.00 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job