2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Certificate at level 5 or higher, Leadership certificate preferred
3. Experience: 3 years successful teaching in the area of special education
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication; leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, computer competence, instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners, student management, preparation and delivery of special education services
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Keeps the Principal and appropriate District leadership staff apprised of activities, situations, and developments in regard to Special Education Services.
3. Assists with directing and improving teaching and learning for students with disabilities.
4. Assists with the organization and implementation of staff development for teachers and paraprofessionals.
5. Supports the local school administration in the supervision of the total school special education program in accordance with applicable regulations; applies appropriate knowledge and application of rules and regulations pertaining to Special Education Services.
6. Collects and monitors discipline data and coordinates Manifestation Determination Reviews for students with disabilities.
7. Assists with ensuring compliance with Teaching and Learning Support and Specialized Services; facilitates the development of IEPs for students with disabilities and ensures that IEPs are implemented, monitored, and reviewed; guides and assists teachers with compiling, maintaining, and submitting all required records.
8. Monitors and addresses performance data related to students with disabilities.
9. Communicates effectively regarding Special Education Services to parents and staff members.
10. Supports and assists as directed with services for extended school year for students with disabilities.
11. Supports local schools with the submission of FTE documentation and monitors for accuracy.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
Salary Range: $57,560.27 - $118,152.52 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job