Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location or Department: Northwest Middle School
Job Summary: Address barriers to student learning, including social, emotional and mental health challenges and provide services at the school-wide, family, small group and individual levels.
Assists students with behavioral, mental, emotional, or physical issues.
Requirements: Requires a Master's Degree in Social Work.
LICENSE Must hold a valid Indiana School Services Personnel License as a School Social Worker and Indiana Professional Standards Board license.
Experience working in a school environment is preferred.
Major Responsibilities: - Utilizes student, school and community data to plan, identify and implement evidence-based, culturally competent prevention strategies to meet student needs.
- Provides assessment and instruction/intervention at the school wide prevention level, at the targeted classroom/small group level and at the individual behavioral/mental health level to address issues that prevent learning readiness.
- Works collaboratively with school professionals, parents and community leaders in a culturally responsive manner to support the optimum learning environment for students.
- Serves as a member of the educational evaluation multidisciplinary team with responsibilities that may include the preparation of a social and developmental history on a student.
- Assists in developing positive behavioral intervention strategies.
- Provides brief individual and group counseling to students and families who need help with personal concerns or development problems.
- Consults with school staff and parents regarding strategies for helping students cope with personal and social concerns.
- Accesses and links community resources to students, families and the school in response to identified needs. To accomplish this responsibility, home and agency visits are required.
- Counsels students whose behavior, school progress, or mental or physical limitation or condition indicates need for assistance.Consults with parents, teachers, and other school personnel to determine causes of problems and effect solutions.
- Arranges for medical, psychiatric, and other tests and examinations that may disclose causes of difficulties and indicate remedial measures.
- Attempts to alter attitudes and behavior of parents and teachers that cause or aggravate problems.
- Recommends change of class or school, special tutoring, or other treatment to effect remedy.
- Serves as liaison between student, home, school, and community resources such as family service agencies, child guidance clinics, courts, protective services, doctors, and clergy members. To accomplish this responsibility, home or agency visits are required.
- Serves as consultant to school personnel regarding students or situations which are not referred for direct service.
- Leads group counseling sessions to enhance social development of individual members and provide peer support in areas such as grief, stress, or chemical dependency.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job