Director of Education
Director of Instruction
School / Org:
Indianapolis Public Schools
No. of Positions:
Wednesday, 10 October 2018
Open Until Filled
Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Director of Instructional Design & Support
Location or Department: Curriculum & Supervision
Summary: Performs a variety of supervisory and administrative tasks in directing curriculum operations and staff development. Employee is responsible for assessing system-wide staff development needs, setting specific goals; developing training programs to meet specified needs, and evaluating the effectiveness of implemented programs. Employee assists individual schools and individual teachers with performing the same steps at a lower level. Employee also assists schools and individuals with identifying existing internal and external development opportunities.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities: - Provides leadership with curriculum coaches in the development of curriculum resources, professional development, and instructional coaching.
- Leads in the evaluation of instructional methods and programs, recommending how such methods and programs could be replicated in the district
- Collaborates with the Director of Professional Learning regarding professional development necessary for the effective implementation of curriculum and instructional best practices in all schools
- Collaborates with Performance and Continuous Improvement department on the identification/development of assessment tools
- Collaborates with school supervisors to provide effective instructional supports for schools
- Conducts various needs assessments to determine training needs at the school system level; delivers specific staff development goals; delivers system-wide training programs for all staff; assesses effectiveness of training
- Assists schools with needs assessment and development of their professional development plans
- Leads in the recruitment, screening, and training of qualified candidates for curriculum coaching positions
- Supervises and coordinates the work of curriculum coaches
- Works cooperatively with others (ESL, Special Education, etc) to ensure horizontal and vertical alignment among programs
- Prepares and administers budget for instructional materials
- Provides guidance in the selection and use of textbooks and other teaching materials
- Keeps current with educational developments and the literature in the field of education and participates in the affairs of state and national professional organizations devoted to the advancement of curriculum and instruction and professional development
- Oversees the maintenance of the online Professional Development system
- Carries out duties as assigned by Deputy Superintendent of Academics and Curriculum Officer
- Performs other related work as required
Education and Experience Qualifications: - Masterís Degree in education administration or a related field of experience as a program administrator
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of classroom teaching experience as well as experience in an administrative capacity, including knowledge of curriculum instruction, professional development, and coordination or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: - Valid Indiana Teaching License or Valid license from another state
- Administration Certification
Interpersonal Communication: - Requires the ability to speak and/or signal people to convey or exchange information
- Ability to receive instructions, assignments or directions from superiors
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, position statement, meeting summaries, etc., using prescribed formats. Requires the ability to speak before groups of people with poise, voice control, and confidence. Thorough knowledge of grammatical rules, spelling, punctuation and formats required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and all other statistical measurement tools.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to utilize courtesy and tact when communicating with others to deliver clear and concise messages.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job