Clayton County Public Schools is seeking applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Student Services
Job Description: * Provides comprehensive social work counseling and effective ways to prevent and resolve personal, emotional and social problems that significantly interfere with students' adjustment to school.
* Possesses skills related to problem-solving, planning, supervising, organizing and scheduling, and has the ability to handle highly sensitive personnel matters in a timely and professional manner.
Additional Job Information: * Performs casework intervention services as appropriate for individual students and their parents/guardians who are referred by the student's school in order to correct personal, emotional or social maladjustment, which interfere with a student's academic progress. Interventions may include home visits, conferences with school personnel or referrals to local or state agencies such as the Department of Family and Children Services, Department of Juvenile Justice, Department of Public Health, Clayton County Sheriff's Office, etc.
* Investigates attendance problems reported by schools or persons in the community; files and presents cases in court pertaining to school attendance.
* Provides assistance to assigned schools to comply with the compulsory attendance law.
* Serves as home, school and community liaison for at-risk families; participates in special education committee meetings, in-school review meetings and student support team meetings as requested by school personnel.
* Coordinates and maintain a comprehensive referral system to provide direct service to students, parents and teachers.
* Gathers data necessary for assessment purposes.
* Maintains sufficient documentation of casework for use by school staff members or outside agencies when appropriate.
Field(s)/ Endorsement(s): School Social Work
Minimum Qualifications: * Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited university required.
* 3-5 years professional school social work experience in a K-12 educational setting or government/public service departments.
* Prior experience providing social work services and programs to students in a public school setting.
* S-5 Certificate from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) in Social Work is required
Salary Range: Paid based on salary scale
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Clayton County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Clayton County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job