Little Rock School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Middle School Science Teacher
Location: Cloverdale Aerospace Charter
Qualifications: 1. Must meet Arkansas certification requirements in Middle School Science 4-8 and/or Earth /Life Science 7-12.
2. Demonstrates a willingness to try new teaching and assessment strategies that would benefit all students.
3. Willingness to participate in on-going staff development.
4. Ability to teach to differences and sensitivity to cultural differences.
5. Commitment to staff development and to apply new techniques in the classroom.
6. Demonstrates the conviction that all children can and will learn in the Little Rock School District.
7. Evidence of a strong commitment to quality desegregated education.
8. Ability to articulate student progress clearly to parents.
9. Evidence of the ability to design and implement hands-on activities and thematic units in all content areas.
10. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Reports To: Reports directly to the Principal
Job Goal: To structure the learning environment to study the integrated science program outlined by the LRSD Curriculum Guides.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Willingness to perform hands-on experiments with students.
2. Structures the classroom for cooperative learning activities.
3. Structures the learning environment to enable students to study the integrated science program outlined by the LRSD Curriculum Guides.
4. Evaluates equipment and supplies and work with the department head to replace supplies.
5. Meets and instructs assigned classes at the designated location and time.
6. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
7. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
8. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
9. Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior.
10. Employs a variety of instructional techniques, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
11. Assesses the accomplishments or students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of lab safety procedures in dealing with situations in which accidents could happen.
13. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administration regulation.
14. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in a fair and just manner.
15. Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
16. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment: Teacher - Nine and one-fourth (9.25) month contract (190 days), plus benefit package.
NOTE: Precise placement within the salary range will be determined based upon education and experience. FLSA: Exempt
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2018 or any time later until a satisfactory applicant is recommended and approved.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Little Rock School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Arkansas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Little Rock School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job