Carroll County Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Information: Substitute applications are accepted on an as needed basis. If you are not selected for a particular semester, and are still interested in substituting with Carroll County Public Schools, you must reapply the next time the application is open. The salary range is as follows: Certificated and degreed substitutes (Bachelor's or above) - $15.61 per hour. Non-degreed substitutes (less than a Bachelor's Degree) - $11.15 per hour. All Instructional Assistant positions will be paid at $11.13 per hour regardless of the individual substitute's degree or certification level. Due to the high volume of applications received, not all qualified applicants will be selected. Candidates selected from the applicant pool will be notified via USPS mail that they have been chosen. Information regarding the necessary paperwork will be included in the packet sent via mail. Submitting an application does not guarantee selection. This job description is not exhaustive and may be changed or supplemented without notice.
Function: To enable each student to pursue their education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of their teacher.
Essential Functions: An individual must possess the ability to perform these essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations. The following are typical of the types of duties performed:
1. Reviews with the Principal, department chairperson, or team leader all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
2. Maintains, as fully as possible, the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which the substitute is assigned.
3. Teaches the lesson outlined and described in the lesson plan prepared by the absent teacher.
4. Consults with an administrator, department chairperson, or team leader before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the lesson plan.
5. Assumes responsibility for overseeing student behavior throughout the school day.
6. Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which teachers are subject and which good teaching practices dictate.
Qualifications: All newly hired substitute teachers must have a minimum of 30 college credits or a minimum ParaPro test score of 455, verified by transcripts.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Carroll County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Maryland. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Carroll County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job