Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Secondary Reading Specialist
Location or Department: Crispus Attucks High
Summary of Essential Job Functions: Develops Reading skills in secondary level students by performing the following duties.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Valid Indiana Teacher's License in English or Language Arts. Ability to meet Highly Qualified Status according to IDOE guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: - Instructs students using District-approved resources. Instructional methods include: modeling, guided practice, lecturing, cooperative learning, integration of technology.
- Prepares daily lesson plans focusing on Indiana English Language Arts standards, course objectives, student performance and student assessments. Lesson plans should follow curriculum guidelines and requirements of the State, District and School.
- Administers frequent formal and informal assessments to monitor student learning. Examples include: District Assessments, classroom exams, homework, projects, essays, classroom discussion.
- Provide interventions/supportive instruction to students in both individual and small group settings
- Analyzes data to make instructional adjustments to improve student learning.
- Communicates with students and parents concerning their progress.
- Enters daily student attendance on District system.
- Maintains a positive classroom learning environment and records/reports discipline concerns via the District system.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to find, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: The above job description is designed to denote the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job