Round Rock Independent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
1st Grade Substitute Teacher - Certified Long Term Substitute
Location: Sommer Elementary
Special Requirements/Notes: ASSIGNMENT DATES:JANUARY 31, 2019 - MAY 6, 2019
ASSIGNMENTS MAY BE LONGER THAN 30 DAYS. SUBSTITUTE MUST WORK A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR RATE.
Job Title: Substitute Teacher
Evaluation Type: Substitute
Pay Grade: Substitute Daily Rate
Supervisor: Substitute Office
Basic Function & Responsibility: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Instructional Management: - Implement lesson plans for the curriculum assigned.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, administrative regulations and district curriculum documents, while maintaining high expectations.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the needs and capabilities of individual students and student groups.
- Cooperate in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives and methods in accordance with district requirements.
- Use technology in the teaching/learning process with approval.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s).
- Support the implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of assigned programs for elementary and secondary education, curriculum, and/or instructional support, and ensure that assigned programs are efficiently and effectively administered.
- Support and participate in meeting the objectives of the campus/department improvement plans.
Student Management: - Assume responsibility for activities/duties as assigned or approved by school administrator.
- Establish control in the classroom and administer discipline in accordance with board policies, administrative regulations, and district Discipline Management Plan.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students.
- Assist campuses in resolving parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist in managing student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
Management of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions: - Model positive behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible when interacting with colleagues, students, parents, and community.
- Comply, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents required.
- Maintain regular, on-time attendance.
- Coordinate departmental activities with other District offices and administ
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Round Rock Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Round Rock Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job