Lyon County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
8th Grade ELA Teacher
Location: Silverland Middle
Job Description: Beginning 2018-2019 school year (start day = late August)
LYON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT- HR Department
Teacher Ė Elementary
Job Group: General Education Services-Licensed
Terms of Employment: 9 Months or (185/187 Days)
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee Salary Schedule.
Position Summary: The teacher will implement into daily student instruction appropriate educational curriculum based on the Nevada Academic Content State Standards and the Lyon County School District approved curriculum. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning and supports school and district programs and goals. This person will be expected to adhere to the LCSD Professional Standards for Licensed Employees as outlined in policy and the CBA and report directly to the school site administrator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Administer appropriate district curriculum that is aligned with the Nevada State Standards and/or the upcoming Common Core State Standards.
- Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a respectful environment.
- Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused instructional environment.
- Develop and implement effective lessons using the LCSD lesson plan template.
- Analyze student progress and provide individualized instruction and feedback.
- Ensure compliance with special services such as IEPís and other related mandates.
- Provide classroom management and discipline that ensures safety at all times.
- Actively contribute to the School Performance Plan (SPP) process.
- Ensure compliance with assessment regulations and guidelines at all times.
- Facilitate an effective advisory program as outlined by the administration and/or district.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact professionally and collaboratively with administration, staff, parents, and community.
- Integrate technology into the instructional programs, curriculum, and lessons.
- Maintain accurate and timely records in the student software system (e.g. Infinite Campus).
- Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned.
- Regular and consistent punctuality and attendance are essential functions of the job.
Position Expectations: - Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in an elementary classroom.
- Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community members.
- Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum and student goals.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives, in order to meet the needs of all students.
- Participate as collaborative member with other faculty and staff.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and district policy.
- Maintain and improve professional competence through continued education and in-service.
- Communicate professionally and effectively in written, oral, and non-verbal terms.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned by the site administrator/supervisor.
Position Requirements: Education and Training: Bachelorís Degree from an accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications: Must possess or be able to acquire a Nevada teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education and be certified in the relevant subject area.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
Physical and Mental Requirements: The physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Strength, dexterity, coordination, and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods. Strength and stamina to bend, stoop, sit, and stand for long periods of time. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper; occasional lifting of files, stacks of paper or reports, references, student work, and other materials. Some reaching for items above and below waist and head level. Some reaching, bending, squatting, and stooping to access files, student work, and other items is necessary. The manual dexterity and cognitive ability to operate a personal computer and other educational technology (LCD projector, SmartBoard, iPads/Tablets, etc.) to enhance student learning. Involves hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. Light lifting (up to 25 pounds) may occasionally be required.
In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations. Incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Working Conditions: Work is performed under the following conditions:
Exposure to climate controlled classroom settings to outside weather with temperatures ranging from mild/moderate to extreme cold/heat. May involve exposure to noise levels ranging from moderate to very loud on occasional to frequent time periods. May involve work in crowded environments.
Hazards: Classroom furniture, playground/office equipment, communicable diseases, chemicals (as related to specific assignment), and power/hand operated equipment and machinery (as related to specific assignment).
Salary Range: $40,699.00 - $73,058.00 / Per Year
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Lyon County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Nevada. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Lyon County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job