Special Education (Learning Disabilities)
Special Education (Behavioral)
Special Education (Life Skills)
Special Education (Resource)
School / Org:
Irving Independent School District
No. of Positions:
Tuesday, 04 December 2018
Open Until Filled
Irving Independent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Special Education Teacher Positions
Primary Purpose: Provide special education students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the most appropriate environment designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth; develop/modify curricula and prepare lessons and teacher instructional materials according to ability levels; work in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum Education/Certification: - Bachelors Degree
- Valid Texas Teacher's Certificate with appropriate endorsement for teaching area
Special Knowledge/Skills: Ability to develop IEP and participate in ARD process; knowledge of curriculum; knowledge of special needs of students; knowledge of policies and practices addressing specific duties and responsibilities of assigned position, i.e. Lead Special Education Teacher, Teacher of the Visually Impaired, Adaptive Physical Education Teacher.
Minimum Experience: At least one year of student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties: Instructional Strategies:
1. Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Access and use available data to plan and implement appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned (i.e. gifted and talented, bilingual/ESL, 504, etc).
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers/staff to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
6. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) while working with students in the classroom.
7. Use appropriate technologies to strengthen and enhance the teaching and learning process.
Student Growth and Development:
8. Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
9. Consistently monitor student achievement through formative and summative assessments.
10. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
11. Present a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization:
12. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
13. Manage student behavior in the classroom and other areas as appropriate in accordance with Student Code of Conduct, board policies, administrative regulations, and/or IEP.
14. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
15. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
16. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents/guardians.
17. Maintain a professional relationship with all supervisors, colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
18. Use appropriate and acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development:
19. Demonstrate current knowledge, understanding, and skill in the assigned content area, instructional strategies and the teaching and learning process.
20. Participate in district and campus professional development.
21. Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
Policy Implementation: 22. Keeps informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
23. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and electronic reports, records, and other required documents.
24. Attend and participate in faculty/staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
25. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, responsible and in compliance with the Professional Code of Ethics.
Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
Ability to communicate (verbal and written); ability to maintain emotional control under stress; ability to instruct.
Coordinate programming for students in a variety of educational settings with multiple interventions.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent bending, stooping and heavy lifting; assisting non-ambulatory students; controlling behavior through physical restraint; biological exposure to bacterial and communicable diseases.
Salary Range: Per Year
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Irving Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Irving Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job