Bismarck Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Assistant Principal - 2019-2020 School Year
Location: Wachter Middle School
Job Description: Bismarck Public Schools is seeking to hire an Assistant Principal at Wachter Middle School. This position would begin in the fall of the 2019-2020 school year.
Purpose Statement: The job of Assistant Principal, Middle School is done for the purpose/s of using leadership, supervisory and administrative skills to function as a Lead Learner with a creative mind; serving as an innovative thinker; propelling teaching and learning practices forward; and improving achievement for all students in the best learning environment.
This job reports to Principal.
Essential Functions: - Assists in leading the learning for the purpose of supporting a 21st Century educational expertise, Project based Learning, 1-to-1 technology, Standard Based Education and framework for a Multi-Tiered System of Support.
- Chairs and/or facilitates meetings (e.g. curriculum, safety, site advisory, special district committees, conferences between parents, teachers and/or students, etc.) for the purpose of coordinating activities and ensuring that outcomes achieve school, district and/or state objectives.
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel and agencies (e.g. counselors, social workers, psychologists, community agencies, parents, etc.) for the purpose of responding to individual and group needs.
- Conducts classroom observations for the purpose of serving as a coach and identifying and solving classroom issues regarding academics and behaviors.
- Evaluates assigned personnel (e.g. conducts classroom observations, evaluation coaching, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that standards are achieved and performance is maximized.
- Facilitates communication between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
- Facilitates the development, communication implementation and evaluation of quality learning for the purpose of enhancing excellence, equality and equity for staff and students.
- Facilitates district level curriculum committees and department PLC's for the purpose of assisting in the development, articulation, revision, and evaluation of the curriculum, instruction, assessment and professional development.
- Implements discipline intervention procedures for the purpose of assisting the principal with maintaining high standards of student conduct and discipline with regard to due process to the rights of students.
- Intervenes in occurrences of inappropriate behavior of students (e.g. assists the principal in establishing discipline procedures, etc.) for the purpose of assisting students in modifying such behavior and developing successful interpersonal skills.
- Manages a variety of school administrative functions (e.g. facility maintenance, budget, staffing, attendance monitoring, safety inspections, safety drill activities, school activities supervision, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining safe and efficient school operations within district guidelines.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars (e.g. meetings with staff to implement directives from district level, legislative compliance, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions. Performs a variety of personnel administrative functions (e.g. hiring, assigning staff, scheduling staff for summer school, evaluation, coaching, disciplining, recommending termination, etc.) for the purpose of assisting the principal with ensuring instructional and building support staff maintain a high level of competencies and productivity.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. quantity reports, student activities, correspondence, audits, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Represents the school within community forums (e.g. legislative compliance, safety/lockdown practice drills, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining ongoing community support for educational goals and/or assisting with issues related to school environment.
- Serves as a resource for the purpose of providing Instructional Leadership at the classroom, building and district levels.
- Serves as the principal in the absence of the regular principal for the purpose of providing assistance/coverage with administrative functions.
- Works with the principal, teachers, parents, educational team (e.g. work with staff and stakeholders to organize and celebrate differences in cultures through program materials and activities for students and families, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring appropriate programming for all students.
Other Functions: - Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: planning and managing projects; using pertinent software applications; preparing and maintaining accurate records; administering personnel policies; preparing and interpreting statistical analysis.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform advanced math; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; conflict resolution; bookkeeping principles; and concepts of management and supervision.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of varied types and/or purposes; and utilize job-related equipment. Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities; working as part of a team; working with frequent interruptions; creating a positive school climate for students, staff and community; adapting to changing work priorities; managing projects as a self-starte; be selfdirected in order to move projects from start to finished implementation; performs in highly ethical manner; and demonstrates how to handle confidential matters.
Experience: Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Education: Masters degree in job-related area.
Certificates and Licenses: A Level I Secondary or Elementary Principal Credential, preferred. Valid North Dakota Administrator's Certificate. A Valid North Dakota Teaching License. Maintains Certificates and/or Licenses.
Salary Grade: Middle School Asst Prin (10 mos) on the Administrator Salary Schedule.
Salary Range: $87,761.00 - $97,302.00 / Monthly
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Bismarck Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of North Dakota. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Bismarck Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job