Summary: The Social-Emotional-Behavioral (SEB) Coach will work collaboratively with the Johnson STEAM Academy administration, leadership team, staff, families and students as we deliver on the District Vision of Every Learner: Future Ready.
Elementary Classroom K-6
Job Requirements: - Standard Iowa Teaching License with three years teaching experience preferred.
- Iowa Administrative License preferred.
- Experience writing, supporting, and implementing Tier III SEB plans.
- Ability to use organize, collect, and analyze data in SEB Tier I, II, and III.
- Serve on HRS team.
- Ability to train and coach New Art and Science of Teaching: Context Category.
- Knowledge of or the willingness to become knowledgeable in the High Reliability Schools framework and support level
- Knowledge and experience using district technology resources.
- Ability to design, present, and facilitate adult learning experiences preferred.
- Experience in working with students with challenging behaviors.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of Professional Learning Community process and protocol
Essential Job Roles: SEB Coach will support building leadership to ensure positive growth and achievement in High Reliability Schools (HRS) Level 1: Safe, Supportive, and Collaborative Culture.
- SEB Coach support teachers in establishment of growth goals based on the New Art and Science of Teaching (NASOT) framework and support teachers regarding their individual progress and growth around the design areas and elements in the category of context.
- SEB Coach will oversee, support and guide the predominant SEB Tier I, II, and III systems, strategies, and response plans throughout the school using the Multi-tiered Systems of Support model.
- Collaborating with leadership and teachers to collect, track, and analyze SEB student data and date trends (office referral, attendance, mobility rates, etc.).
- Assisting teachers with the use of SEB data to improve student learning.
- SEB Coach participates in the observation / co-planning cycles along with Principal, Instructional Design Strategist, and Magnet Coordinator to provide clear, ongoing feedback to teachers regarding their pedagogical strengths and challenges related in the area of Tier I, II, and III SEB.
- Provide support and professional learning for paraprofessional staff in the area of SEB / Mental Health (MH)
- SEB Coach will provide job-embedded professional development that is directly related to teachers’ instructional NASOT goals related to SEB.
- SEB Coach works with leadership team to design, facilitate, and provide professional learning opportunities in the area of - SEB to include SEB MTSS Tier I, II, and III, supporting intensive behaviors / mental health (MH) needs, de-escalation, preventative strategies, and restorative practices.
- SEB Coach will lead SEB systems of support and facilitate the work of SEB focused teams including:
* MTSS SEB / MH at Tier I, II, and III
* Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) practices, reviews, and adherence to procedures
* Writing, implementation, and monitoring of Tier II / III plans
* Formal agreement with 4 Oaks / Jane Boyd and ensuring community supports are accessible and equitable for families / students
* Student and family engagement
* SEB / MH Response systems
- Ability to function effectively as part of an administrative team, support District initiatives and peers, plan collaboratively, create new vision, solve complex problems, and work constructively with the administration and leadership team to solve problems that arise.
- Ability to establish clear objectives for staff that align with District/building goals.
- Ability to take responsibility for, support, and implement Board policies, administrative regulations, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a safe environment including the ability make quick and/or deliberate decisions and maintain order in a fair, consistent and just manner.
- Ability to develop team building and facilitation, problem solving, and organizational skills among staff.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize work, as well as effectively manage time, schedules, and events.
- Proficient in computer skills such as word processing, spreadsheet and database applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems effectively. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Required Dispositions: - Believes that all children can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our children and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all children.
- Functions in a collaborative manner as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Adheres to the principles of an effective team member as described in the PLC model.
- Applies the principals of continuous improvement through the use of quality tools and processes.
- Won’t shy from today’s educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a track record of success.
- Works with great integrity.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: - Iowa Teaching Certification with an endorsement in content area required.
- Iowa Administrative licensure preferred
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to apply knowledge of current research as it relates to the support of the Educational Goals of the District. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and forward 0 -24 inches and on occasion up to 36 inches. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp items. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds 0 - 12 feet and occasionally up to 20 feet, such as curriculum materials, desks, chairs, and boxes. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as tables and carts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus while supervising students and working with computers, written materials, reports, assessment data, etc.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cedar Rapids Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Iowa. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cedar Rapids Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job