Special Education (Gifted Students)
School / Org:
Whitehaven High School
No. of Positions:
Wednesday, 09 January 2019
Friday, 31 May 2019
Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Clue (Creative Learning in a Unique Environment) Teacher - Secondary
Location: Whitehaven High School
Purpose and Scope: This position is responsible for the professional instructions designed to provide academic, social, physical, and skills development for students in specific grades/subject areas to prepare the to be successful citizens and workers in the 21st century.
Essential Job Functions: 1. Creates an educational environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and needs of the students; prepares instructional materials for classes assigned and provides written evidence of preparation to supervisor/administrator upon request.
2. Establishes a standard of classroom behavior; maintains classroom management in and outside of the school.
3. Assesses the accomplishments of students on an established timetable, and provides written and oral progress reports to parents/guardians, administrators and selected staff; administers tests and assessments.
4. Plans curriculum and prepares lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of students within state and school requirements based on the educational, physical, and emotional levels of student development.
5. Confers with parents, administrators, specialists, mental health staff, and appropriate resource staff to develop educational programs for students.
6. Creates learning materials geared to students' abilities and interests.
7. Instructs students by using educational strategies and techniques to improve sensory mother and perceptual-motor development, perception, memory language, communication skills, cognition, social, and emotional development.
8. Motivates students and provides consistent reinforcement of learning skills, and provides continuous assessment and feedback to students for all learning activities.
9. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, and district and administrative regulations.
10. Assists administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student activities and conduct.
11. Sponsors student activities/clubs/teams/organizations as requested.
12. Displays effective classroom management skills while providing a positive, nurturing environment that recognizes and promotes the unique characteristics and behaviors of gifted and talented students.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelors Degree. Requires valid Tennessee Teachers Certificate and meet the definition of highly qualified in Reading and or English; Endorsements: 1-8 Middle Gr Spec, Elem Grades 1-8, Elem Grades 1-9, PreK-3 or PreK-6. Requires specific training in teaching gifted and talented students obtained through successful completion of two graduate level courses in characteristics and identification of gifted students and methods and strategies for teaching gifted students or passing score on Gifted Praxis (secondary licensure only).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Requires knowledge of Shelby County Schools curriculum, instructional goals, procedures, and practices
Strong knowledge of No Child laws and regulations
In-depth knowledge of principles of effective instruction from advance curriculum and content and instruction
Knowledge of growth and development and learning theory
Skill in assessment and evaluation of students
Ability to manage curriculum development, in-service training, and related activities and provide a high level of instructional leadership for teachers and administrators;
Excellent human relations skills and ability to establish and maintain successful cooperative working relationship with appropriate school communities, and school-based and central office staffs
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Strong organizational and management skills
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job