Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Purpose and Scope: The essential function of this position within the organization is to ensure the implementation of the RTI2 Framework in assigned school. This position is responsible for working under the direction of the Principal at specified school site(s) to decrease the percent of students who fall under the 25th percentile on MAP. The Intervention Teacher will provide direct instruction to qualified students, continually monitoring student progress to improve instructional practice and student outcomes. Requires excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Job Functions: This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge or abilities associated with this classification, but are intended to accurately reflect the primary job elements.
1. Provides leadership and assistance to school administrators in the implementation of Response to Instruction and Intervention framework.
2. Creates an educational environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and needs of the students; prepares instructional materials for students assigned and provides written evidence of preparation to supervisor/administrator upon request.
3. Establishes a standard of classroom behavior; maintains classroom management in and outside of the school.
4. Plans and prepares evidence-based and/or research-based Tier II, and Tier III academic intervention lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of intervention students based on area of deficit determined by screening testing.
5. Provides parents with required notifications of student progress.
6. Collaborates with school level staff to analyze screening and progress monitoring data to assist RTI Data Teams with ensuring student growth.
7. Provides support to school staff in the implementation of Response to Instruction and Intervention through coaching and close collaboration.
8. Provides RTI Data Team with individual student reports from intervention platforms.
9. Ensure the use of intervention platforms through monitoring teacher platform reports and providing reports to the principal or designee.
10. Serves as an active member of the school level RTI team.
11. Attends meetings, trainings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate to enhance job knowledge, skills.
12. Works collaboratively with school leadership to ensure the implementation of RTI, and provides strategic support for individual teachers.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires a Bachelor's degree and endorsement in area of intervention. Must be physically and mentally able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the position. Teacher Effectiveness scores of three (3) four (4) or five (5) preferred.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelorís Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Masterís Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Masterís degrees are required, years for Bachelorís Degrees must be included.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers for sign language.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE SCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SCS provides reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
SCS does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, handicap/disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, or age (40 or older).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: - Self-motivated and high energy and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail high work standards
- Strong analytic, problem solving, decision making, organizing, planning, and learning orientation skills
- Critical thinking, stress tolerance, flexibility, and adaptability skills
- Consistent track record for improving student outcomes
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job