Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Long Term Substitute Teacher
Location: Aspen Community School
Job Description: Aspen Community School, Aspen School District's Charter School, seeks a long term substitute teacher for Third and Fourth Grades
Seeking a long-term substitute 3-4 grade teacher with a strong math and literacy background to work from September- December 2019.
The Aspen Community School is a public charter school in Woody Creek, Colorado serving 135 students. Our highly respected school provides a balanced, integrated curriculum that incorporates intentional community values, individual character development, and strong academic skills woven into project-based learning opportunities and intentional field experiences. Aspen Community School is one of two K-8 public charter schools of Compass, who share the Mission of fostering lifelong learning and empowering individuals to take responsibility for themselves, their learning and their community (http://www.discovercompass.org).
At Aspen Community School, we understand that rigorous academics alone are insufficient to prepare our students for success in a world in which innovation, problem solving, and the ability to work collaboratively are more prized than ever. Our small class sizes (average of 15) ensure that students feel heard and supported by their community. Character, compassion, creativity, and critical thinking skills are hallmarks of ACS graduates.
ACS is a teacher-powered school: Teachers work together to drive decisions concerning curriculum, academic schedules, school calendar, discipline, and take collective responsibility for the success and growth of the school. Teachers at ACS embrace the creative and collaborative nature of a teacher-powered model, because it allows us to make changes that are in the best interests of our students.
Aspen Community School is currently seeking a teacher that shares our mission to join our passionate community of educators and learners.
Teaching Responsibilities and Dispositions, listed by not limited to:
- Establish a safe, respectful learning environment for all students, integrating ACS expectations for academic excellence, relevance, and focus on relationships.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons to first and second grade students within a co-teaching model in Reading, Math, Writing, Social Studies and Science.
- Co-create lessons aligned with current standards, with establish clear objectives and drive instruction through formative and summative assessments.
- Demonstrate a mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for course(s) taught.
- Differentiate instruction for students based on their educational needs, abilities, and interests.
- Engage parents in the education of their children.
- Strong desire to be a part of a high functioning, positive, and energetic teaching team and community.
Curricula Knowledge (Preferred): - Balanced Literacy Approach, Workshop Model
- Lucy Calkins Reading and Writing Units of Study, Phonics
- Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA2)
- Investigations Math
Qualification Requirements: - Current Colorado Teaching License with Elementary endorsement
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Degree in Education (Masters preferred)
- Teaching Experience- minimum 3 years
Primary Location: Aspen Community School
Salary Information: Compensation is based on experience. / Salary
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job