Irving Independent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Algebra I Teacher
Location: Barbara Cardwell Career Preparatory Center
Primary Purpose: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject areas assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in a global society.
Special Knowledge/Skills: - Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent with technology use and actively integrates technology to enhance student learning
Minimum Experience: - At least one (1) year of student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties: Instructional Strategies:
1. Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Access and use available data to plan and implement appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned (i.e. gifted and talented, bilingual/ESL, 504, etc).
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers/staff to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
6. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) while working with students in the classroom.
7. Use appropriate technologies to strengthen and enhance the teaching and learning process.
Student Growth and Development:
8. Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
9. Consistently monitor student achievement through formative and summative assessments.
10. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
11. Present a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization:
12. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
13. Manage student behavior in the classroom and other areas as appropriate in accordance with Student Code of Conduct, board policies, administrative regulations, and/or IEP.
14. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
15. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
16. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents/guardians.
17. Maintain a professional relationship with all supervisors, colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
18. Use appropriate and acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development:
19. Demonstrate current knowledge, understanding, and skill in the assigned content area, instructional strategies and the teaching and learning process.
20. Participate in district and campus professional development.
21. Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
Policy Implementation: 22. Keeps informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
23. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and electronic reports, records, and other required documents.
24. Attend and participate in faculty/staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
25. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, responsible and in compliance with the Professional Code of Ethics.
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Must maintain emotional control and exercise reasoning and problem solving skills while under stress. Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written). Should be able to interpret procedures and analyze data for decision-making. Frequent in-district and occasional in-state or national travel. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Safety: Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner. Observe all safety precautions.
Salary Range: Per Year
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Irving Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Irving Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job