Hamilton County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Chemistry Teacher (Pool for 19-20)
Location: Hamilton County Schools
Information: Join our team for the 2019-2020 School Year as a Chemistry Teacher!
We are recruiting multiple chemistry teachers for '19-'20, schools to be determined. Candidates who accept positions at Title-1 schools are eligible for a $4,000 signing bonus.
This pool posting is for new-to-district teachers.
Responsibilities: 1. Plan, deliver and assess effective instruction that is tightly aligned with State standards.
- Designs lessons based on best practices with clear learning targets and measurable goals aligned with State standards and/or unit outcomes. Frequently plans collaboratively with colleagues.
- Conveys high expectations while using multiple effective strategies, materials, and classroom practices that involve and motivate students while differentiating instruction to meet students’ needs.
- Uses colleagues and own self-reflection on instructional practice to continually improve instruction.
2. Classroom Management & Relationships: Fosters a well-structured and engaging learning environment by utilizing effective classroom procedures and routines while showing caring, respect, and fairness for all students.
3. Family & Community: Consistently develops strong relationships with students’ families while diligently informing parents of expectations, positive news, and/or concerns about their children. Provides opportunities for parents to be involved in their children’s learning.
4. Professional Responsibilities: Actively seeks out opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and other stakeholders in order to improve teaching & learning. Reflects on own instruction and leadership while contributing ideas, expertise, and time to the mission and goals of the school.
Additional Job Information: Qualifications:
- Commitment to high academic achievement and high expectations for all students
- Ability to be a positive team-player and communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisors, students, and families
- Openness to being coached and receiving feedback in order to advance learning and growth for students
- 2 years of demonstrated successful teaching experience, preferably in a high-need setting.
- High level of personal standards, professionalism, and integrity
- Experience working with English Language Learners
- Valid state of Tennessee teaching certification in 6-12 Chemistry (or ability to transfer license to Tennessee), required.
- Bachelor's degree, required.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Hamilton County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Hamilton County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job