St. Landry Parish Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
5th Grade Teacher
Location: Sunset Elementary
Title: Classroom Teacher: Regular Education
Qualifications: 1. A valid Louisiana Teaching Certificate (Type C or Level 1)
2. A Bachelorís Degree in field
3. Additional criteria as the Board may establish
Reports To: Principal
Job Goal: To plan and implement a program which creates an environment where students can learn and develop optimally
Domain I: Planning and Preparation-Setting Instructional Outcomes (1C): 1. Establishes instructional outcomes by identifying exactly what students will be expected to learn including rigor and expectations.
2. Writes instructional outcomes in the form of student learning targets.
3. Determines instructional activities and the resources needed to complete.
4. Determines instructional activities with suitability for diverse learners.
5. Plans for appropriate methods of assessment to determine a level of student attainment.
6. Differentiates for students of varied abilities.
7. Creates measureable outcomes central to the discipline and related to those in other disciplines.
THE CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT:
Domain II: Managing Classroom Procedures (2C): 1. Establishes and monitors routines and procedures for the smooth operation of the classroom and the efficient use of time.
2. Instructional groups are used and managed effectively.
3. Non-instructional tasks are completed efficiently (lunch count, roll, administrative forms, etc.).
4. Transitions between activities and management of materials are done to maintain momentum and maximize instructional time.
5. Establishes efficient routines and teaches students to employ them effectively.
Domain III: Using Questioning and Discussion Techniques (3B): 1. Uses questioning and discussion techniques to deepen student understanding.
2. Uses divergent as well as convergent questions framed in a way that they facilitate forming hypotheses, making connections, and challenging previously-held views.
3. Values student responses to questions by responding to them and using their ideas as a foundation for discussion.
4. Uses high quality questions to encourage students to make connections amongst concepts or events previously believed to be unrelated, and arrive at new understandings of complex material.
5. Poses questions for which they do not know the answers; thus, eliciting student responses, opening lines of communication, and promoting thinking by students.
6. Engages all students in important issues and in using their own language to deepen and extend their understanding.
7. Allows students to formulate questions used in class discussions.
8. Teaches students how to formulate high-level questions.
9. Promotes learning through discussion.
10. Teacher uses a range of techniques to ensure that all students contribute to the discussion, and enlists the assistance of students to ensure the outcome.
Domain III: Engaging Students in Learning (3C): 1. Actively involves students in important and challenging content aligned with lesson objectives.
2. Develops student understanding through engagement activities.
3. Provides choice of work and assists students in making important contributions to the intellectual life of the class.
4. Creates activities and assignments that promote learning and are aligned to the goals of the lesson.
5. Creates activities and assignments that require student thinking that emphasize depth over breadth allowing students to exercise choice.
6. Group students of similar background and skill.
7. Uses instructional materials that are developmentally appropriate to the studentsí experience as well as the course content.
8. Allows time for reflection and closure in all lessons.
9. Facilitates instruction with students taking a major role in their learning.
ASSESSMENT Domain III : Using Assessment in Instruction(3D):
1. Recognizes assessment to be an integral part of instruction.
2. Assesses and monitors student learning by eliciting evidence of student understanding using a variety of techniques.
3. Monitors student understanding offering timely and constructive feedback providing guidance to students in areas of needed improvement.
4. Circulates in the classroom to monitor student learning.
5. Creates questions or use techniques to ascertain the degree of understanding of every student.
6. Provides students with clear criteria for learning and teach the skills necessary for students to check their skills and assume responsibility for their learning.
7. Reflects on their craft and recognize the need for adjustments in instruction.
8. Engages students in self- or peer- assessment.
Professional Responsibilities: 1. Exhibits regular attendance and punctuality.
2. Communicates effectively with students, staff, parents, and community.
3. Assumes outside classroom duties as related to school.
4. Assists in enforcing school/board rules and policies.
5. Ensures proper care of textbooks, teaching aids, and equipment.
6. Participates in professional development opportunities to further develop effectiveness.
7. Creates partnerships with parents/caregivers and colleagues.
8. Supports school programs and displays positive attitude.
9. Completes reports and records as assigned.
10. Projects well-groomed appearance.
11. Meets the criteria for a Professional Growth Plan following the guidelines in the St Landry Parish Personnel Evaluation Program.
12. Perform all other duties or responsibilities not listed as delegated by the Principal of the school.
Terms of Employment: Nine (9) months
Evaluation: Performance in this position will be evaluated in accordance with the Boardís policy by the Principal/Designee
Salary Range: Per Year
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from St. Landry Parish Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Louisiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by St. Landry Parish Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job