Wichita Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Elementary Music Teacher Positions
Position Purpose: Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' understanding, appreciation of the art of music, including listening a wide range of musical genre, periods and styles. To identify, promote and develop each student's talents in vocal and instrumental musical expression.
Essential Performance Responsibilities: - Develops and administers music education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops balanced music program and lessons to organize class time so that students have adequate time for preparation, rehearsal, and instruction.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student musical learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, as appropriate.
- Plans, coordinates rehearsals for, and directs students in musical programs and performances outside the classroom
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to ensure a productive learning atmosphere during practice, rehearsal and performances.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate music supplies and instrumental equipment, maintains inventory records, and ensures equipment is in good working order.
Additional Duties: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards: - Works in standard office and school building environments.
Equipment: Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travel Requirements: Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: - Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, literature and other content areas taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Interrelations: - Contact with personnel within the district and with customers and vendors
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the department supervisor in order to complete day to day tasks
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy
- Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and maintain a positive attitude with all customers and colleagues
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service
Employee Punctuality and Appearance: • In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has received approved leave.
• Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from the employee’s supervisor or building administrator.
• All employees are required to report to work dressed in a manner that reflects a positive image of USD 259 and is appropriate for their position.
Certification/License: - Certification as a Vocal Music Teacher - required
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
Education: - Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment
Experience: - Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Wichita Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Kansas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Wichita Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job