Lower Kuskokwim School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Qualifications: 1. Valid Alaska Teacherís Certificate, endorsement in assigned teaching area(s) preferred.
2. At least two years demonstrated successful teaching experience preferred.
3. Ability to live and work in a cross-cultural, rural Alaskan environment.
4. Ability to carry out successfully the duties described below.
Duties: 1. Plans a program of study, which as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
2. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
3. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of district and local school curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
4. Prepares for instruction for all classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of the supervisor.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain high standards for classroom behavior.
6. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
7. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
8. Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
9. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
10. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulations.
11. Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
12. Cooperates with other staff members in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
13. Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
14. Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for associate teachers and teacher aides and assists in the evaluation of said personnel.
16. Is responsible for monitoring the behavior of all students, within his/her sight and hearing during the work day.
17. Attends and participates in Community School Committee and various Advisory Committee meetings.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment: Permanent as per Teacher Negotiated Agreement
Salary: Compensated as Per Teacher Negotiated Agreement
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Lower Kuskokwim School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Alaska. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Lower Kuskokwim School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job