Middle School Principal
Carroll County Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Middle School Principal - Pool
Location: To Be Determined
Reports To: Director of Middle Schools
Function: Under the supervision of the Director of Middle Schools, the Middle School Principal shall be responsible for the organization, administration, instructional leadership, staff relations, pupil relations, community relations, and successful operation of the middle school in accord with Board of Education policies and the rules, regulations and procedures set forth for the Principal of a Carroll County Public School.
Essential Functions: An individual must possess the ability to perform these essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. The following are typical of the types of duties performed:
1. Establishes and implements instructional goals and objectives. Plans, implements and evaluates instructional programs including learning objectives and instructional strategies for the school.
2. Provides a school environment in which it is the expectation that all children can learn.
3. Implements administrative procedures consistent with federal law, state school law and state board of education and local school board policy.
4. Performs delegated management duties related to school fiscal operations, inventories, school plant facilities and equipment, and keeps records within established guidelines.
5. Evaluates and counsels all staff members regarding their individual and group performances.
6. Reports to appropriate central office administrator regarding the needs of the school with respect to personnel, instruction, curriculum, administration, etc.
7. Coordinates or supervises such support services as maintenance, security, food services, recreational programs, financial and accounting functions and media activities.
8. Establishes and maintains favorable relationships with multicultural groups, local community organizations, and individuals to foster understanding and support for overall school objectives and programs; interprets board policies and administrative directives; and discusses and resolves individual student problems.
9. Keeps abreast of changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field.
10. Manages comprehensive co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Qualifications: At the time of application each candidate must possess the following:
1. Master's degree from an accredited institution.
2. Eligibility for Advanced Professional Certificate in administration/supervision (including successful completion of principal assessment requirement) or Administrator II/or eligibility for Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) Alternative Principal Certification.
3. At least three (3) years of outstanding teaching experience at the secondary school level.
4. Demonstrated leadership ability with at least two (2) year of administrative experience at the secondary school level.
5. Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with persons with diverse backgrounds.
6. Outstanding references related to instruction and school administration.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be changed or supplemented without notice.
Salary: This is a 12-month position on the Administrator and Supervisor Salary Scale, Grade VI. The current salary range is $96,791 - $142,587. Salary will be determined by relevant experience and in conjunction with salary procedures for the Carroll County Public School System.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Carroll County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Maryland. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Carroll County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job