Special Education Teacher (Self-Contained Classroom)
Indian Prairie School District 204 is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Special Education Teacher (Self-Contained Classroom) - Long Term Sub
Perform functions to instruct students on established curriculum ensuring each individual's goals is contained within the individual education plan and/or other targeted interventions, are met. Ensure students are provided with the knowledge, proficiencies and experiences necessary to become successful contributing citizens in an ever-changing world. This is a long term substitute assignment.
1. Plan and instruct students on District and state approved curriculum in classroom, in integrated or direct service approaches as appropriate based on student needs.
2. Modify and adapt lessons and curriculum as needed to meet individual student's needs and IEP goals.
3. Modify, adapt and/or conduct assessments to evaluate progress. Implement standardized assessments as directed, modify and adapt tests, environment or equipment to meet individual student's needs.
4. Through team meetings and IEP conferences, review student progress via assessments, maintain records of student work, and develop intervention strategies to ensure student success and growth.
5. Meet regularly with teachers, teacher assistants and specialists to discuss individual student's modifications or adaptations, ongoing learning issues, interventions or problems. Work collaboratively to ensure individual student's needs are met.
6. Actively participate on problem solving and intervention teams to facilitate early involvement and resolution to learning or behavioral problems.
7. Complete required documentation of student progress and data necessary for IEP reports, goals and evaluations.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and students on progress.
9. Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning environment. Act as role model on appropriate behaviors ensuring social and emotional development is progressing normally.
10. Assign work, instructions or lessons to teacher assistants. Assess work, modify and provide regular feedback.
11. Actively participate on various building and District teams or committees. Provide feedback and act as liaison to other building staff.
12. Enforce and support school policies, philosophies and objectives with students and parents.
13. Collaborate with other staff in planning, modifying, enhancing and implementing curriculum and school objectives.
14. Participate in staff development and school improvement activities in order to maintain professional growth. Plan and incorporate best practices or new strategies.
15. Participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled work day such as orientation, open houses or conferences.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The qualified candidate will have a valid Illinois Professional Educator License with an LBSI endorsement.
Rate of Pay: $210/day
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Indian Prairie School District 204 may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Illinois. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Indian Prairie School District 204 in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job