Speech & Language Pathologist
Oshkosh Area School District is seeking qualified applicant for the following position(s):
Speech & Language Pathologist
School/Building: Carl Traeger Middle School - .8 FTE / Ready 4 Learning - .2 FTE
Start Date: 08/31/2020
1. Assess the educational needs of referred students through appropriate diagnostic procedures.
2. Conduct appropriate evaluation, recommend intervention and monitor placements for students as referred.
3. Help identify children with exceptional educational needs.
4. Maintain case records on all students referred through formal written district procedures for pupil evaluation.
5. Recommend and help implement corrective procedures as indicated by formal and informal assessment.
6. Conduct individual and group counseling/therapy for children whose diagnosed problems warrant such intervention.
7. Establish and maintain regular contact with teachers, parents, administrators and non-school agency staff, as necessary.
8. Consult teachers, parents, administrators and non-school staff regarding the exceptional educational and speech & language needs of students with disabilities, at-risk youth, and other students needing psychological services.
9. Participate in/and or chair m-team meetings and other conferences to assist the placement of students, program review and revision and other matters within the scope of m-team meetings.
10. Serve as a consultant on mental health topics for school district staff as requested.
11. Apprise teachers and parents of speech & language services.
12. Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner on all students referred for evaluation.
13. Perform duties in a professional manner.
14. Establish rapport with staff, students, and parents.
15. Evaluate student progress and follow district Board of Education-approved reporting guidelines.
16. Attend parent-teacher organization meetings, as necessary.
17. Participate in development and implementation of district and school improvement projects.
18. Cooperate with community health and social welfare agency personnel.
19. Attend and effectively participate in staff, community and interagency meetings.
20. Provide in-service training of various school personnel, when needed.
21. Conduct research intended to assist in the improvement of instruction and report on and promote the effective use of the research.
22. Seek continued personal growth in the field of speech & language and education in general.
23. Supervise speech & language interns as assigned (voluntary).
24. Perform such other duties as may be determined by the administrative staff within parameters of the master agreement, Board of Education policies, state statutes, and administrative rules.
Speech and Language Pathology
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Oshkosh Area School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Oshkosh Area School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job