This is a teaching opportunity for candidates who want to make a difference. Children can't grow unless there is a teacher. WALIPP has developed a culture that raises boys to be young men. Our curriculum within the Houston Independent School District is not the solution: it's our relationship with our students. Teachers who want to punch a time clock need not apply -- this is a place for men and women who love to guide learning. And who are willing to put their heart into instruction and support of the teaching team.
Faculty will be engaged for 11 months per year. Multiple subject areas are available. Instruction is for an all-boys middle school located on the campus of Texas Southern University. Our students are inner-city boys in a public charter school and they need you!
WALIPP Faculty is required to:
• Act as an advisor to 16-24 students
• Supervise/sponsor at least one school committee/ club / activity
• Teach one intersession semester of an elective
• Supervise one intersession semester of an elective
• Observe peers and participate in professional practice dialogues
• Participate in training, planning and teaching during the summer
• Assist with development and implementation of interdisciplinary curriculum
• Assist with development and implementation of school policies
• Commit to train, plan and teach during the summer
• Demonstrable skills in differentiation and counseling are required.
• Proven educational agency experience is also required.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from The Lawson Academy may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by The Lawson Academy in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job