Teacher Assistant - Elem.
Teacher Assistant - Sec.
School / Org:
Norman High School
Cedar City, Utah
No. of Positions:
Sunday, 07 July 2019
Open Until Filled
The Iron County School District is presently accepting applications for a the following positon:
Title: Resource Teacher Assistant
Location: Norman High School
Education: All teacher assistants must be highly qualified under the No Child Left Behind provision.
- Have an Associate degree, or
- Have 48 hours of post secondary education, or
- Be a high school graduate and pass the OGET test
Training or Experience Required: Previous work or volunteer experience with children, teenagers and or clerical experience preferred.
Special Skills, Knowledge, Abilities: Communication Skills (oral, written, or business): Basic communication skills to exchange information, give/receive simple instructions and respond to inquiries. Includes filling out forms. Knowledge of sign language is helpful.
Data Recording/Record Keeping: Perform simple data recording/record keeping operations requiring logging, filing or posting single entry items either manually or by computer. Requires keeping toilet chart. Assist with 9-week progress reports, lesson planning, and implementation of Individual Education Plans.
Mathematical Skills: Perform routine computations requiring knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, fractions, decimals and/or percentages.
Knowledge: Read and interpret routine written or printed materials such as charts, diagrams, maps or instruction material. Must be familiar with various handicaps, etc.
Business Machines (like computers, copiers, etc.): Use business machines that can be easily learned from simple manuals or simple verbal instructions. Such machines include but are not limited to photocopiers, laminator, and duplicator, CRT/computers (no software experience). May on occasion use more difficult machines without any proficiency required, such as data entry.
Office Filing and Retrieving: Responsible for filing and retrieving from an existing filing system.
Spelling Skills: Basic spelling is required but someone usually proofreads work prior to it going out in final form.
Job Goal (Purpose of Position): Performs entry level to semi-skilled level duties under general supervision to assist the teacher provide a teaching environment to improve and develop the students social, communication, and intellectual skills.
An incumbent in this position will follow generally standardized operating policies and procedures. On occasion will have to interpret policies and procedures and follow predetermined solutions established by higher level supervision or operating procedures.
Contact with Others: An incumbent in this position has little to regular public contact other than with members of own staff or district. Some interpersonal interaction or communication is required outside of the specific classroom environment with other staff and parents.
Other Performance Measures: Successful performance of the job requires customer service/people skills to resolve problems and provide information as requested. It requires following safety guidelines and policies to reduce accident or injury to self or to students. It requires following appropriate school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns. Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving is important to the success of the position.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assist with activities for individuals or for groups as assigned by teacher. Assist with small group rotations. Supervise students in classroom settings, off-campus activities and during non-instructional activities such as recess, assemblies, emergency drills, lunch periods, etc. On occasion may supervise students in teacher's absence.
2. Prepare, create, and/or adapts materials as directed by teacher. Assist with gross and fine motor activities: art, music, games, reading stories, singing songs, etc. Prepare bulletin boards and other teaching aids. Assist students with assignments. Set up and operate equipment for instructional purposes.
3. Serve as chief source of information and assistance for substitute teachers.
4. Assist teacher with student behavior management strategies. Respond appropriately to out of control students when necessary. Alert teacher to special needs of students.
5. Grade students work; take attendance; complete necessary paperwork and other records for students.
6. May assist students with personal care (diapering/toileting) needs. May assist with minor first aid.
7. Perform housekeeping duties with classroom to ensure it is neat and clean. Wash dishes, disinfect toys, tables, defrost freezer, etc. Prepare snacks for students. Assist students in feeding and demonstrates proper eating skills.
8. Assist children to and from bus. Check bags for notes. May assist with playground, hall and cafeteria duties as needed.
9. Operate photocopier, laminator and duplicator. May operate computer. Assist teacher in obtaining supplies necessary for scheduled activities: i.e. paints, brushes, construction paper, science supplies, etc. Assist teachers with compiling student's work to send home weekly in Thursday folders.
10. Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Iron County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Utah. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Iron County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job