QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Hold a New Hampshire Education Interpreters Certification.
2. An understanding of, and an appreciation for, all learners.
3. Other qualifications as may be deemed essential for successful performance in the position
JOB GOAL: To provide for the special learning needs of each pupil. Encourage and
facilitate student independence.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Interpret for staff/faculty and students in a mainstream setting.
2. Support assigned student(s) in designated academic areas during the scheduled school day as assigned by
the Teacher of the Deaf and mainstream teacher(s) in the following ways:
- Clarify assignments
- Reinforce assignments
- Assist in supporting long and short term assignments
- Support translation in Unified Arts Programs
In the following settings: Mainstream classroom, resource room, other assigned areas.
3. Facilitate small groups to reinforce skills as directed by the Teacher of the Deaf.
4. Assist in clarifying the interpreter’s role to all students and staff/faculty.
5. Interpret extracurricular activities.
6. Attend Student Services’ meetings when deemed appropriate.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Rochester School Department may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of New Hampshire. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Rochester School Department in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job