Education: All teacher assistants must be highly qualified under the No Child Left Behind provision.
Essential Job Functions: 1. Assist with activities for individuals or for groups as assigned by teacher. Assist with small group rotations. Supervise students in classroom settings, off-campus activities and during non-instructional activities such as recess, assemblies, emergency drills, lunch periods, etc. On occasion may supervise students in teacher's absence.
2. Prepare, create, and/or adapts materials as directed by teacher. Assist with gross and fine motor activities: art, music, games, reading stories, singing songs, etc. Prepare bulletin boards and other teaching aids. Assist students with assignments. Set up and operate equipment for instructional purposes.
3. Serve as chief source of information and assistance for substitute teachers.
4. Assist teacher with student behavior management strategies. Respond appropriately to out of control students when necessary. Alert teacher to special needs of students.
5. Grade students work; take attendance; complete necessary paperwork and other records for students.
6. May assist students with personal care (diapering/toileting) needs. May assist with minor first aid.
7. Perform housekeeping duties with classroom to ensure it is neat and clean. Wash dishes, disinfect toys, tables, defrost freezer, etc. Prepare snacks for students. Assist students in feeding and demonstrates proper eating skills.
8. Assist children to and from bus. Check bags for notes. May assist with playground, hall and cafeteria duties as needed.
9. Operate photocopier, laminator and duplicator. May operate computer. Assist teacher in obtaining supplies necessary for scheduled activities: i.e. paints, brushes, construction paper, science supplies, etc. Assist teachers with compiling student's work to send home weekly in Thursday folders.
10. Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Norman Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Oklahoma. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Norman Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job